The project of construction of SS 400/110/35 kV Lastva includes the construction of 2x300 MVA substation and extension of the existing substation 400/220/110 kV Pljevlja 2. The project is implemented in compliance with the obligations set forth by the Project Coordination Agreement on the interconnection between the electric power systems of Italy and Montenegro, so that the 110 kV transmission network is not a “bottleneck” in the implementation of development plans of both the coastal area and the northern area of Montenegro.
In progress are construction works, installation and testing of equipment.
The project is in the development phase of the main design and the Contractor is Siemens Austria.
The project objective is to construct the electric power infrastructure on the territory of Montenegro, which would create conditions for connecting the electric power systems of Italy and Montenegro, alleviate difficulties in electricity delivery at the transmission level in the coastal area of Montenegro and ensure connection of SS Žabljak and SS Brezna at 110 kV voltage level, thereby improving security of power supply to the consumers of the northern area of Montenegro. This would make the electric power system of Montenegro more stable and reliable reducing the impact of neighboring electric power systems in case of huge disorders.
The project implementation includes the following subprojects:
- SS 400/110/35 kV Lastva (2x300 MVA);
- OHL 400 and 2x 400 kV OHL Lastva-Čevo;
- OHL 400/ 400+110 kV OHL Čevo-Pljevlja.
The major project benefits are:
- fulfilling n-1 security criterion in case of 500-1000 MW transits via submarine cable;
- reliable power supply of the consumers in the coastal area of Montenegro;
- improving voltage and reactive conditions;
- connecting the interconnection between Montenegro and Italy by submarine cable;
- load-shedding of transmission capacity in the coastal area;
- improving voltage and reactive conditions in the 400 kV network of Montenegro;
- reducing losses in transmission network (by higher utilization of 400 kV network);
- providing double-sided power supply of SS Brezna and SS Žabljak.
The estimated value of the entire project is about 105 million € and the project completion is planned in 2016.